Mockup for Adobe Photoshop
Windows 99 is a Photoshop mockup. A nostalgic one. My childhood is there. And probably yours too.
- Each window and UI component is organized in Smart Objects and Artboards. Easy to understand. Fast to work with.
- The original typefaces used by Microsoft Windows
- Any window titlebar can be set to to active or inactive, like Windows!
- Nearly any text can be edited
- Move the windows and UI components wherever you like
- High resolution
- Pixel perfect typefaces and UI
- Includes a handy, in-house quickguide
Two families of fonts have been crafted for it:
These were the typefaces used by Microsoft in their operative system, making this mockup even more true to the original aesthetics.
Available as free downloads. More info about the process in their respective pages.
Each window and UI component has their own set of features. Some windows include different sizes, as shown in the images.
- Notepad — 6 sizes. Scrollbars and text
- My Documents and Standard Folder — Files and icons
- "Error, warning" dialogs — 2 sizes. Buttons, text, icons
- Clippy — 2 variations. No text and custom editable text
- Internet Explorer — 5 sizes. Scrollbars, webpage, URL bar
- Calculator — Calculation text
- Image viewer — 6 sizes. Artwork change
- Windows Media Player — 3 sizes. Artwork change, volume, status, time, seekbar position
- Paint — 4 sizes. Artwork change
- Desktop — background and icons
- Taskbar — Open apps and system time
- Start Menu — 2 variations. Username change.
Non editable windows
These windows exist just for aesthetic reasons. They don't include editable elements:
- My Computer
- Defragment Drive
- Control Panel
Personal and commercial usage
Re‑distribution of source files is not allowed
Common Sense™ — Read more about the licenses here